Do we really need all these repositories?
Recorded on Friday, July 24, 2015
- What is the Repository Pattern?
- Where should the business logic go?
- Explosion of methods on repositories and the Interface Segregation Principle
- Testing repositories: integration vs. unit
- Transactions: Are they a database or business concern?
- Eager vs. lazy loading: The N+1 problem
- Extension methods and query objects as an alternative
- The misuse of reuse: "Hey, this looks like it does what I need it to do"
- The Double Dispatch Pattern
- Managing transactions and eventual consistency in distributed systems
- Eventual inconsistency in the real world