Wherein the Western Devs determine if, when, and how companies should publish salary and diversity numbers
Recorded on Friday, August 12, 2016
- University of Waterloo salary adjustment
- Transparency as a means to resolve the gender gap
- Problems that go away when salaries are publicized
- How do you account for high performers who demand more?
- Pros and cons of salary bands
- The White House diversity pledge
- Preparing for transparency
- Why are North Americans so squeamish about discussing salary?
- Advantages for companies not having to compete on salary
- The effect of an information-based economy vs. a widget-based economy
- "All else being equal"