Starting meetings with six-page memos
Wherein the Western Devs expect you not only to show up to meetings, but to read as well
Recorded on Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Amazon's six-page memo meetings
- Written vs. spoken word
- First impressions: This is stupid
- Does this discourage participants from preparing?
- The art of preparation
- What kind of meetings is this for?
- Allowing time for reflection
- What if not everyone has the same native language?
- How to introduce it into an organization
- The entertainment factor
- Would it work at a conference?
- Couching the practice as continuous improvement
- Meeting etiquette
- What makes a good memo
- Methods of padding the memo
- If it's good enough for Jeff Bezos...
- Remote meetings
- For next time: How to walk out of a meeting