In this episode, special guest Steve Rogalsky helps the Western Devs understand the #NoEstimates movement
Recorded on Thursday, August 27, 2015
- Why do we estimate?
- Why do our estimates suck?
- "Wah, wah, wah, estimating is hard!"
- The #NoEstimates movement
- Estimates vs commitments
- Measuring your past to forecast your future
- Building in chunks to create forecast data
- #NoEstimates == Informated estimating?
- Right-sizing user stories/Law of averages
- Alternatives to story points for estimating
- Probabilistic forecasting
- Planning poker: Creating a common understanding
- Acceptance criteria
- Setting expectations with clients for "No Estimates"
- Gaining trust with a client as an alternative to providing estimates
- Understanding why estimates are needed to determine if they're needed