Continuing the theme of making grandiose claims about vaguely defined terms, the Western Devs take on the Rise of DevOps
Recorded on Friday, July 17, 2015
- DevOps: Person, role, culture, methodology, or movement?
- The importance of collaboration and communication
- Automation, continuous delivery/continuous deployment: are they required for DevOps?
- What happens to your code after you commit?
- Attitude defines your culture, not the other way around
- DevOps is not a developer that does operational tasks
- Is the backlash coming? Lessons from Agile
- An incremental approach to implementing DevOps practices in an organization
- Security benefits of being able to release often
- Metrics, logging, statistics, monitoring: what happens after you release?
- Is quality dead? If so, can DevOps fix it?
- Does DevOps change how you code? No-downtime deployments, A/B testing and feature toggles
- Enabling smaller deployments that use external services
- How DevOps practices make CQRS, eventing, and microservices easier